Lemon juice adds a nice tang but also keeps peaches from turning dark. Frozen peaches can be used if they are first thawed and well drained.
- 2 Puff pastries
- 6 cups diced peeled fresh peaches
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Turn the oven on: 150°
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, lemon juice and extract. Add sugar and salt; toss gently. Let stand for 15 minutes. Drain extra juice before using the peaches.
- Line the 2 sheets op pastry on a table. With a glass cut as many cercles as you can.
- Place de pastry cercle into cookies tray and fill with the mix (not too much because you need to be able to close it) dot with butter. Cover up with another pastry cercle and close it helped with a fork.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 10minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for 4 to 10 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.