Pinterest

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Cherry, Almond and Nutella Cake

Today, I simply felt like baking. I opened my pantry, found a jar of cherry, almond powder and Nutella and decided to challenge myself with a cake! I used a basic yogurt cake recipe and added my three ingredients. I came out really fine.





Ingredients
  • 1 cup greek yogurt
  • 1 1/2 cup raw sugar
  • 2 cup self raising flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup oil (vegetable/canola)
  • 1 tbs vanilla extract
  • 1 cup cherries
  • 1 cup almonds
  • 3 to 4 tbs Nutella



Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 20cm square cake pan with the butter and flour.

Use electric beaters to beat eggs and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add yoghurt, almond powder and oil, beat until combined. Gently fold in the sifted flour with a large spoon until combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared cake pan and smooth the surface.
Nicely place the cherries on top and spread the Nutella over it.

Bake in pre- heated oven for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out dean. Remove from oven and place cake pan on a wire rack.

Cut slices and serve warm or cold.



Enjoy!
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment