Pinterest

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Chocolate Pistachio mi-cuits with sweet cream

This afternoon I was watching "French Food Safari" that I found at Brisbane library. It already open m appetite, but when they started showing pastries, viennoiseries and other French cakes I had a craving for sweet. I wanted chocolate!
I took a quick look in my pantry and realized that I didn’t have what I use for my usual chocolate cake (no egg or butter). And I remember this clever pin on how to replace egg in a cake. So I built a new recipe that actually turned out really well. Theses cakes are really light and not too sweet. It’s why I made that cream that goes perfectly with it and balances the sweets!







Chocolate Pistachio cake
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup caster sugar
  • 2 1/2 cups of flour
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 1/2 cup yogurt
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 cup cocoa powder
  • 3/4 cup finely slices pistachio + 1/4 for decoration

Sweet cream
  • 1 cup pouring cream
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1tbs lemon juice


Mix all the dry elements together in a large bowl (exepted for the pistachios). In a second mixing bowl mix the melted butter, yogurt and milk. Slowly start pouring the liquids into the first bowl.
Preheat oven 180°
Place the mixture in small cake pan (make about 12, depending on the size). Add the pistachios on top. Cook 20 to 25 minutes.
Let the cakes cool down. In a bowl, incorporate the pouring cream, sugar and lemon juice untill you obtain a bubly and smooth texture. Then, disposate the warm cake on a plate with the cream and decorate with pictachios and cocoa powder.

Enjoy!
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment