Pinterest

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Cookies Cups

Lately I've decided that I am not affraid of using my hands to mix dough. Because I don't have electric mixer, that opened many possibilities! So here I am making pizza dough, cookies, crumbles... I've been wanted to try more cookies recipe for a long time now, but I am only starting now. Every time I make cookies they come out the oven in terrible shapes!

So I tryed this basic 'choc chips' one one my cookie tray. I used only half of the dough. They came out good looking but that wasn't the taste that I am looking for. I remembered this pin saying to put the muffin pan upside down and place the cookie dough on it. Guess what? It's working very well! Those little cups/ baskets are so cute and you can use them in so many ways: ice cream, fruit salad, whipped cream, decoration....

I've tried it with the chocolate ice cream from Cadbury: that was delicious! You can also add more ingredients in the dough, like macadamia nuts, coco powder...




 Ingredients
  • 2 Eggs
  • 250g butter at room temperature (Salted butter can be used)
  • 200g Raw or white sugar (Raw is better)
  • 480g flour
  • 1 pinch of salt if you are using unsalted butter
  • 1 tbs of baking powder
  • Vanilla extract
  • Chocolate chips (150 to 200g)

Directions
1.Turn the oven on: 190° fan
2.Mix butter and sugar, on low or with your hands until there is no more pieces of butter. Be carreful, it's very fat!
3.Add eggs and vanilla. Mix properly. Then salt and baking powder.
4.Start to add the flour slowly. At the end it's become easier to use your hands.
5.Add the chocolate chips and everything you want: macadamia nuts...
6.At this stage it's good to keep the dough as a ball in the fridge for half an hour.
7.Turn your muffin pan up side down and display the cookie dough every two spaces. Do not go all the way down, the cookie dough melt a lot and use 1/4 to 1/3 of a handful of dough for each cup.
8.Cook 8 to 10 minutes. Let it cool down and store it in the fridge or you can freez it.

I also used this dough to make cookies
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment