It is actually less complicated than its look. All you need to do is a mud cake (any flavor) in a circle cake pan and then cut a 'yin & yang' shape. Don't worry, it's easy! Then cover it and make it looks like hair on the top.
- Your favorite mud cake recipe.
- 200g dark baking chocolate
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs icing sugar
- Bake the mud cake and let it cool down
- Level the top of the cake to make it eaven. Take it out and cut the cake in a YING YANG shape. First make a small cut with a paring knife. When you get your ying yang just right then take a very sharp knife (not a bread knife) and cut it to the bottom of the cake.
- Then, do not do like me, do the covering on a cookie tray and then move the cake into it's show board. I did not planed on bringing this cake somewhere, it was just a try at home!
- We are now getting to icing. If you have a crumb brush it’s a great idea to run that over the crumb parts of the cake so when you are icing you don’t get all clumped up. Melt the baking chocolate with the butter and then add the icing sugar. Like I always tell you, you can add more icing sugar, get it with the consistncy that You like.
- Apply the icing with an icing tool or a butter knife and at the end draw thin stripes on the top to make it looks like hairs. VOILA! Mustache cake!